- Rava/Sooji – 1-1/2 Cup
- Powdered Sugar – ¾ Cup
- Milk – ¾ Cup
- Curd/Yogurt – ½ Cup
- All Purpose Floor/Maida – ½ Cup
- Oil – ½ Cup
- Tutti Frutti – 2 Table Spoon
- Baking Powder – 1 Tea Spoon
- Baking Soda – ¼ Tea Spoon
- Elachi Powder – ¼ Tea Spoon
- Sand -3 Cup (For Baking Purpose)
- Take a bowl and add curd and beat it to smooth
- Add powdered sugar into this and oil and now creamed added ingredients until sugar dissolves.
- Now add Rava/Sooji and all purpose floor/ maida and now whisk slowly in one direction until it is mixed all together.
- Add half of the milk and mix it well with Rava.
- Now cover lid and rest it for 15 minutes or until Rava absorbs liquids.
- After 15 minutes gradually add remaining milk and bring Rava mix to pouring consistency.
- Add elachi powder, baking soda and baking powder into this and mix all ingredients together for 1-2 minutes.
- Now grease cake tin with little oil and spread half of the tutti frutti at bottom.
- Now pour cake batter into cake tin and spread remaining tutti frutti on top of the cake better.
- Tap cake tin and spread batter evenly on top.
- Now add sand in cooker and spread it evenly and preheat for 5 minutes on low-moderate flame. Once sand becomes hot, place cake tin and close cooker lid. And Cook it for 30-35 minutes on low flame.
- After the time remove lid and insert a tooth pick at center of cake, if it comes out clean that means cake is ready.
- Now allow the cake to cool. Now enjoy your home made delicious Rava Cake.
Source : youtube.com/watch?v=3ggdXgUO59A