Chiffon cake is one such option which can satisfy your thirst for cake while taking your health into account. It is a very light cake made with vegetable oil, eggs, sugar, flour, baking powder, and flavorings. It is a combination of both butter and sponge type cakes.
So, today we have brought the recipe of a basic chiffon cake for starters.
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup caster sugar
- Some vanilla essence
- 1 cup refined flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- Some desiccated coconut
- Take the eggs and separate egg white and egg yolks in two different bowls.
- Add caster sugar and vanilla essence to the egg yolks.
- Whisk it properly using a hand blender.
- Sift refined flour along with baking soda into this.
- Add oil, milk and desiccated coconut into the above mixture and mix properly.
- Beat the egg whites till they turn foamy.
- Add ½ tsp of sugar to it and beat again to get a soft peak.
- Now, slowly transfer some of the beaten egg whites to the egg yolks mixture and fold slowly making the shape of the digit ‘8’.
- Transfer the remaining egg whites and fold it again. Our batter is ready to be baked.
- Pour the batter into the mold which is greased and dusted. Tap it to spread the batter evenly in the mold.
- Keep the mold in the preheated oven at 150 degree Celsius for about 50- 55 minutes.
- Demold the cake and let it cool down.
Light and fluffy chiffon cake will be ready to serve.
Refer to the video:- https://youtu.be/CWHQEt60JTw