For those of you who wish to make a simple yet delicious cake in your own kitchen, today we have brought the recipe of Basic Sponge Cake. Therefore, this dish is both for novices as well as those who wish to have a change of taste.
- 140 gms refined flour & for dusting
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 120 gms butter and for greasing
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 80 ml milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Sift together refined flour, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl.
- Take out butter and condensed milk in another bowl. Blend it using an electric blender or whisk.
- Add a little of vanilla essence and blend again.
- Transfer the sifted flour into the butter- condensed milk mixture and mix lightly.
- Add milk and mix it well with the help of a spatula. Set it aside for some time.
- Grease the tin with butter and dust it with some flour. Transfer the batter into the tin and spread it evenly.
- Keep it in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes at 180 degree Celsius.
- Remove the tin from the oven and demold the cake from the tin.
Simple yet yummy basic sponge cake will be ready to serve. You can enjoy it along with the tea or can have it alone too.