The melody of chocolate is difficult to be expressed in words. It can make a crying child laugh and can lift your mood. But what if this chocolate cake gets a slight tadka of coconut? The cake will definitely turn more delicious and healthy as well.
So, today let’s learn the simple recipe of making Chocolate & Coconut Cake with Bake Idea and serve it to your family in the breakfast bringing smiles on their faces.
- 150 gms dark chocolate chopped into fine pieces
- 80 gms desiccated coconut
- 250 gms butter
- 180 gms powdered sugar
- 80 gms caster sugar
- 80 gms refined flour (maida)
- 7 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree Celsius.
- Take out finely chopped pieces of dark chocolate in a bowl and melt them in the oven for 1 minute at its highest temperature. Remove the bowl and mix well. Add desiccated coconut to this melted chocolate and mix lightly.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and caster sugar using a hand blender until it is fluffy.
- Cream the butter and powdered sugar together in a large bowl using an electric blender till it is light.
- Add the coconut- chocolate mixture to the creamed butter-sugar mixture and mix well.
- Sift flour into it through a porous surface (chhalni) and then add eggs one-by-one.
- Do not mix it hard and instead just cut and fold it making the shape of the digit ‘8’.
- Transfer the batter into a silicon mold. A silicon mold does not need to be greased.
- Bake the batter in the oven at 180 degree Celsius for about 25-30 minutes.
Demold the cake, slice it into pieces and arrange it beautifully to form a platter.
This adorable dish can be used to impress anyone.