In my school times I used to wait for the Christmas celebrations as on this we going to get the fruit cake which was hand made from the sisters of the school (as it was a Christian School). Then I tried this at home after my marriage and it was just great.
So, now we are going to start with the recipe and learn how to make fruit cake (a cake that simply has fruit in it as an ingredient).
- Butter – 200grams
- Sugar Powder- 200grams
- Fresh Eggs- 5nos
- All Purpose Flour- 200grams
- Baking Powder- 1tspn
- Vanilla Essence- 2tspn
- Caramelized Sugar- 2tspn
- Cherries- 1tbspn
- Dry nuts- 1tbspn
- Dates- 1tbspn
- Tutti-Fruitty (red and green)- 2tbspn
- Raisons- 1tbspn
- Pista- 1tbspn
- Mellon Seeds- 1tspn
- Ginger Powder- 1pinch
- Fennel powder- 1 pinch
- Garam masala- 1 pinch
- Nutmeg powder- 1 pinch
- Caraway seeds and salt- 1 pinch
1.Take butter in a bowl of your size and mixes it nicely then adds powdered sugar into it and mix well again.
2. Add eggs slowly and beat it nicely but calmly and not too much.
3. Now add flour with baking powder in it and mix it.
4. Add vanilla essence, little rum, whisky, caramelized sugar, cherries, cashew nuts, dates, tutti fruitti- red and green, raisins, pista, almonds, melon seeds, ginger powder, fennel powder, garam masala, nutmeg powder, caraway seeds, salt, and mix properly.
5. Grease the bread tin and transfer the mixture into it.
6. Bake this in Owen for 20-25 min at 180 degree centigrade.
7. Check this with a tooth pick, if it comes out neat it means it’s baked properly.